Creetown Initiative has a car hire scheme, Wheels4Creetown, available for local people, visitors to the village and also guests of Barholm Accommodation.
Wheels4Creetown Car Hire provides access to cars without the burden of ownership. It’s perfect residents who only wish to drive occasionally and don’t want the large costs and time involved in owning a car. It’s also a useful facility for families with one car, but who sometimes need a second car for a few hours or a day. Holiday makers to Creetown can also enjoy the convenience of hiring a car, however visitors or guests of Barholm Accommodation MUST have an account on www.moorcar.co.uk before a booking can take place (see below for details).
We have a choice of three cars:
Renault Grand Scenic – manual, diesel, 7 seater
Renault Clio Estate – manual, diesel, 5 seater
Renault Zoe – automatic, ELECTRIC, 5 seater.
All vehicles are available to use 24/7, 365 days a year for as little as 1 hour or as long as you want. The vehicles include a CD player and radio, and a port for you to connect your iPod or MP3 player. Membership is free and can also give you access to every Moorcar car club vehicle across the UK.
How to Become a Member of Wheels4Creetown Car Club
- To become a (free) member of Wheels4Creetown, you must create and account online at www.moorcar.co.uk and follow the ‘Register’ tab on the home page. You can contact us at Creetown Initiative and we will help you to become a member. The process usually takes up to 48 hours to complete.
- You must bring in your drivers license ID card and a utility bill (or similar to show a matching address with the license) to the Creetown Initiative office or to Barholm Accommodation to prove you are eligible to hire the car.
- Book which car you would like and the length of time you would like it for, using your online account on Moorcar.
- Grab the keys (instructions for key collection will be provided once you are a member) and enjoy your trip!
- After your journey, return the car to the reserved bay, in Creetown, when you’re done.
Criteria to be Eligible to Hire Our Cars
The Hirer must:
- Be a resident of the UK and have a UK driver’s license.
- Be over 21 years of age and below 70.
- Have had a driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months or 24 months if they wish to drive the MPV (Renault Grand Scenic).
- Not have any more than six endorsement points on their license from ONE of the following list: AC, CD, CU, IN, LC, MS, MW, PC, TS along with SP30 and SP50. Previous accidents are included but limited to 2 in a 24 month period
- Provide a valid “check code” from the DVLA to allow the individual’s current point status to be viewed. This can be found here.
Current rental rates are displayed on Moorcar.
Charging points for electric car best located through “charge your car” playstore app or website.
We do not allow pets or smoking in our rental cars.