By far the busiest event to date, we were over the moon with the amazing turnout yesterday at our ‘Reuse Matters’ Clothes Swap in St Ninian’s Hall in Castle Douglas!
An amazing 264kg of clothing was brought in by 68 people and 160kg was swapped, with the remaining amount either being put back into our project to be upcycled into new garments or donated to charity. Clothes swaps provide an opportunity for people to donate their gently used, unwanted clothes and exchange them with others, free of charge. It’s a wonderful way to up date your wardrobe, change your look, discuss fashion, socialise and acquire good quality clothes for free in a fun atmosphere!
Some quotes from our lovely clothes swappers:
- “This has been a very good occasion, FUN + WORTHY! LOVELY!”
- “Thank you for the kids table – fantastic! Fab social time with lovely women.”
- “Had a great rummage. Thanks.”
- “Lovely atmosphere.”
- “Brill idea. New wardrobe. Thanks x”
- “Retail therapy without the £££… what’s not to like?!”
- “FANTASTIC! Let’s do it more often!”
- “Great excuse for a clear-out and a lovely way to try new things and meet new people.”
For more information about our Reuse Matters clothes swap projects, please contact Jolanda at Creetown Initiative on 01671 820654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.