Barrhill Community Interest Company has engaged a project officer from Creetown Initiative for one year to develop a range of projects in Barrhill, South Ayrshire. Barrhill is a small village, with a population of 350, situated roughly mid-way between Newton Stewart and Girvan, on the main route up to Ayr and, Glasgow. The village benefits from a railway station, a shop, bus links, a primary school and a newly redeveloped play park.
Barrhill Community Interest Company was formed in 2008 and aims to:
- provide first-class community facilities and activities within Barrhill, South Ayrshire, Scotland
- promote sustainable energy generation and conservation within our homes, businesses and community buildings
- improve the appearance of our village and countryside
- develop local business and access to employment
- develop the transport infrastructure for our area
- establish a network of paths and trails
Creetown Initiative will be working with Barrhill CIC to establish a list of priority projects to revitalise the village, provide opportunities for local people and draw visitors to the area. For other community development projects we have carried out, please click here.